These brownies are unlike any other brownie out there. They’re not fudgey. They’re not cakey or all that fluffy. And they aren’t outrageously chocolatey. These are the brownies you make when you’re just craving a real darn good simple brownie.
Family Favorite Brownies
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 16 brownies||Total:|
Our go-to family favorite brownie recipe. One of the first recipes I learned to make!
- 2 ounces unsweetened baker's chocolate
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening or unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon each: baking powder, salt, vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8inch or 9 inch pan (square or round).
- Melt together the shortening or butter and chocolate in the microwave (30 second intervals, stirring inbetween). Add to your mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the baking powder, salt and vanilla. Finally, add the flour and mix until just combined. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl thoroughly to ensure it is all incorporated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs on it.
If you'd like MORE delicious brownies, double the recipe and bake in a 9x13 inch pan. Add 5 minutes to the baking time.
Yum yum yum.
Now that we’re all settled in, the homesick feelings are starting to set in. I’m excited to be in a new place with my love, but family and friends are feeling pretty far away. These brownies are a true remedy to the homesick feels!